Thursday, February 17, 2011

tura




I'm sure most of you know actress Tura Satana passed away earlier this month.
We had a few mutual friends and used to e mail each other from time to time.
I got to meet her in person at the Chiller Theatre monster convention in NJ back in '2000. Years back my friend (let's call him X) had a little thing with her and at the convention she was tugging on me, "Now Dirty Donny, have you seen X around? you tell HIM to get his but over here when you see him!" lol. So later that afternoon I ran into him and was just relaying the message when we herd a loud shout "X!!!" from across the room. It was a fun show and meeting her in person was rad. Tura was a babe, she was the ultimate Russ Meyers movie babe. She will be missed by many.
R.I.P. Tura Satana July 10, 1938 – February 4, 2011